Jimmy Cornell is the undisputed authority on long distance voyaging. In the new edition of this book, he and his son Ivan help the would-be voyager plan their trip step by step. Aimed at those seriously contemplating an extended cruise (and those dreaming about the possibility), this book will give an idea of what is involved in developing the right strategy. Amongst many important aspects, Jimmy and Ivan consider:
“A book to pick up for five minutes and put down, reluctantly, two hours later.” - Flying Fish
- World weather systems
- Strategies for sailing long or short circuits in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans
- The pros and cons of different routes at different times of year (taking into account weather, currents, wind directions and strengths, likelihood of fog, icebergs, gales, etc)
- The pros and cons, attractions and dangers of different routes (such as the problem of piracy)
- Practicalities (repair facilities, common gear breakage on extended voyages, places to leave the boat to fly home if necessary, health considerations, provisioning for a long trip, personal safety measures, and much more)
- Jimmy's top ten list of common things that ruin a voyage
Written from a completely international point of view, World Voyage Planner can help sailors from any country going to any other country to achieve a safe and enjoyable cruise.
Your ultimate guide to planning a long-distance voyage.
“In the five years since the publication of the previous edition of this book there has been a marked intensification of the effects of global warming on weather conditions throughout the world. The safety factor in voyage planning is therefore even more important than in the past. This fully revised and updated edition takes into account all those changes that affect offshore voyages. For those who plan a voyage in the near future, we hope that this book will provide a useful tool in planning, preparing and bringing your voyage to a safe conclusion.” - Jimmy and Ivan Cornell
Niet alle beschrijvingen van producten van buitenlandse leveranciers zijn compleet vertaald naar het Nederlands. Als sommige informatie daarom niet duidelijk is, kunt u met ons contact opnemen